Wednesday 3 September 2008

Christmas in Goa

The new me (slightly slimmer version who can actually run on the thread mill for more than 1 minute) is finally going to India to practise some yoga. It wasn't actually my idea, it was M's. She told me what she was doing for her 30th and I could not NOT go. Two weeks in Goa over Christmas and New Years practising Ashtanga Yoga with David Swenson - one of the world's best teachers. I have about 3 months to get fit and very good at yoga. Is doable. The one thing that bothers me slightly is the vegetarian cuisine. I quite like vegetarian food but... What? Not even a little turkey on Christmas day??? No Christmas ham?  I will have to drown my sorrows in pints of Kingfisher and dance around a palm tree. 

I also have to sort my visa for India but I cannot do so until we have returned from NYC. Oh, did I not tell you? Off for a girlie weekend in New York with L, L and C at the end of the month. There will be Cosmopolitans and Manolo Blahniks galore. Hooray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manolo Blahniks?! I thought your mission was not to spend to much......The Cosmos we'll do _ I can't wait :)

LL

Michael said...

hmmm....spending x-mas in India with people sweating around me all day, eating only vegetarian food sounds more like a punishment than a vacation.
I say NO goddammit!! Give me meat, gifts and a fat guy in a red suit.