Monday 29 September 2008

NYC

I am very tired. Have had a fantastic 4 days in NYC but all I want to do now is sleep. Am trying my best to stay awake. Landed at 7.50 this morning and Hubby fetched from airport before having to shoot off to Bristol for work. This left me with entertaining myself as to not fall asleep. Having watched a lot of recorded things on Sky+ (kind of like TiVO for you Americans) my eyelids gave up in the middle of an episode of Desperate Housewives. Had a little nap for 3 hours and have since managed to stay awake for about another 3 hours. Tiredness (or exhaustion) is now setting in. 

I didn't spent too much money in NYC. It was more of a comfortable amount. I also brought a small suitcase for a reason. Nevertheless, I managed 3 new handbags, two coats, one top, some earrings (which I had just had to tear my office apart for as I thought I had lost them) and a crap load of alcohol and food. NYC ain't cheap but it is a fantastic city and I would quite like to move there. How to convince Hubby?

It was L and C's first time in the City so we did some of the tourist things i.e. Statue of Liberty, bus tours, water taxi etc... As it was foggy (we blame tropical hurricane Luke) I didn't got to the Empire State building with them as there was no view whatsoever. Not sure if L and C made it there after I left though. 

Need to crash now. More will follow tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope we didn't, but we did spend the morning in Central Park and it was really nice.

LL