Wednesday 8 October 2008

Bad times

Nevermind the currect global economic global crisis. I have larger concerns: I am falling apart. Not in an "I-am-so-sad way" but my body is starting to fall apart. Having said that, I do tend to worry about nothing sometimes but these are my cause for concern:

1. My right foot. For a few months now it has been painful just by the big toe joint and now my foot has started to look differently. I told my colleague H about it the other day who informed me it is a "bunion". Not knowing that this was, I looked it up. I wish I hadn't. I am now convinced I am suffering from an Hallux Valgus and have booked an appointment with the doctor. He is not a podiatrist but will be able to refer me. It is times like these I am happy we have private medical care and aren't just relying on the NHS.

2. My right shoulder. It is raised constantly and it hurts. It is not due to yoga, I don't think. I have had it off and on for the last..erm..8 years. At the same time as I am shoving my foot in my doctor's face, he will also be instructed to take a look at my shoulder to advice whether I need a physiotherapist or a chiropractor. My colleague B says I should go to the chiropractor regardless as my posture is bad. Here's to thinking my bad posture and my bad shoulder might be connected... Again, I am very grateful for the private medical health care R has through his company, I might finally get some use out of it.

No comments: